Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) is a powerhouse business and industrial hub strategically located in the heart of Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates (UAE) that offers wide-ranging customizable solutions to investors from all over the globe attracting them for a RAK FTZ Company Setup. Established in 2017, RAKEZ currently houses over 14,000 multinational companies from more than 100 countries covering over 50 industries, making it one of the largest economic zones in the region. RAKEZ uniquely offers free zone and non-free zone entity formations, and provides its clients with easy access to fast-growing markets in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, South and Central Asia through the major logistical hubs available in the emirate. These include five seaports, an international airport and multi-lane superhighways.
What are the benefits of Ras Al Khaimah Freezone?
- Access to global markets across MENA, Europe and Asia;
- Cost effective business packages;
- 100% ownership;
- No personal tax;
- Wide range of business and industrial facilities;
- No currency restrictions;
- One stop shop for all government services;
- Provision to build on-site staff and labour accommodation;
- Freelance permit available;
- Fast and efficient business set up process.
What type of company is Ras Al Khaimah for?
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC);
- Branch of a foreign or UAE company.
Types of Licenses Available for Ras Al Khaimah Business Setup
- COMMERCIAL – Trading in services and goods;
- EDUCATIONAL – Opening an education-related institution or consultancy company;
- E-COMMERCE – Trading in goods and services via electronic means;
- GENERAL TRADING – Trading in multiple goods;
- INDIVIDUAL / PROFESSIONAL – One owner with one activity in a specific specialty or expertise;
- INDUSTRIAL – Manufacturing, importing, packaging and exporting products;
- MEDIA – Operating media-related business activities;
- PROFESSIONAL – For individuals who provide professional services;
- SERVICE – Conducting services or consultancies across any industry;
- FREELANCER PERMIT – For media, education, IT professionals and analysts.
Types of Facilities in Aid of RAK Free Zone Company Setup
RAKEZ offers a range of business and industrial facilities that would meet any investor’s requirements:
- Co-working spaces;
- Serviced offices;
- Standard offices;
- Executive offices;
- Shell and core offices;
- Land for development;
- Staff and labour accommodation.
RAK Free Trade Zone Regulations & Company Registration Process
Required documents and incorporation steps:
- The client to provide:
– Company name (3 options);
– Corporate structure (directors, shareholders);
– Activities – some activities require the approval of the relevant regulatory authority – for example, health related activities will require the approval of the DHA (Dubai Health Authority), education activities have to be approved by the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
- Required documents (individual shareholder):
– Passport Copy (valid for min 6 months);
– Copy of the passport page with the entry stamp;
– UAE Residence Visa and Emirates ID copies (if applicable);
– Scan of a 3.5 x 4.5 white background passport type photo;
– Personal details: telephone number, email address, residential address, country of residence, parent’s names, marital status, religion.
For the corporate shareholder a set of the company’s registration documents should be provided (notarized and attested).
- The documents and information are submitted via RAKEZ portal.
- The following documents will be issued by the free zone authority upon successful registration:
– Business License (renewed annually);
– Share Certificate;
– Certificate of Incorporation;
– Memorandum of Association;
– Office Rental Agreement (valid for 1 year).
If you have any additional questions, e.g.: How much does it cost to open a company in Ras Al Khaimah? Can I register a company in Ras Al Khaimah myself? OR, If you need RAK business setup services, our Smart Advisors team will be happy to help you.