What does Dubai Internet City stand for? The Dubai Internet City (DIC) is the North Africa’s and Middle East’s biggest information and communication technologies (ICT) centre. Since 2000 it has successfully established a thriving ecosystem for technology-related entities being one of the pioneers in embracing the vision of Dubai as a knowledge-based economy. The DIC is home to more than 1,600 companies, including several ones from the Forbes top lists and most dynamic and successful technological SMEs and start-ups that include all elements of the ICT value chain.
What are the benefits of Dubai Internet City Freezone?
- no corporate tax;
- possibility to obtain a residence visa for the company’s shareholders and employees;
- mandatory audit of companies;
- well-developed legal framework;
- high ranking of the Free Zone among banks and major international companies.
What type of company is Dubai Internet City for?
Dubai Internet City FZ offers its companies the following types of licenses:
- Software: activities related to developing, installing and/or modifying software products.
- Internet and Multimedia: activities focused on the creation and potential distribution of Internet-based or multimedia content.
- Telecommunications and Network: activities related to developing, modifying, installing, and/or operating networks or rendering services connected to operation of network-based applications or services.
- IT Services: activities related to developing and/or rendering standardized repeatable IT-based services, which may include security solutions, training and corporate learning, localization.
- E-commerce license: Internet-based sales operations catering individual services and products to third-party entities via electronic media such as search engines, portals, websites, and social media platforms. The overarching goal is to streamline and enhance sales activities.
Type of Offices Available for Dubai Internet City FZ Company
Upon registration, the company and the Free Zone authority shall sign an office rental agreement with the address to be considered as the official registered office address of the company.
DIC offers several office packages to choose among, depending on the needs of clients. These packages span across the spectrum from the smart desk – a standalone workstation nestled within top-tier business centers – all the way to comprehensive office setups, encapsulating various considerations such as license types, visa allocations, the necessity for substantial operational presence, and strategic positioning within the Free Zone.
Dubai Internet City Regulations for Company Registration
- The director can be an individual (min – 1, max – 5).
- The manager can be an individual (min – 1), can be the same person as director.
- Both individuals and legal entities can be shareholders (min – 1, max – 7).
- No requirements as to the residence of a director, manager or shareholder(s).
- The company’s name should be unique.
- Registration is executed in the English language.
How can I register my company in Dubai Internet City?
- Choose a company name to be checked for availability (at least 2 names).
- Define a company structure (director, shareholders, and manager).
- Define the company’s license type aligning with its activities.
- Choose an office type: flexi desk, executive office.
- Provide documents for directors / shareholders / attorneys (either originals or notarized copies).
- Pay all the necessary fees.
- Sign the corporate documents.
- Get the originals and the company seal.
Registration Period: from 3 weeks.
If you have any additional questions, e.g.:
- What is the minimum capital in Dubai Internet City?
- How does Dubai Internet City work?
our Smart Advisors team will be happy to help you.